Description of the Project
The bridge is located on kilometre 6.5 of A-6 motorway, passing over the access to Veterinary School in Madrid. It is a skew bridge formed by 2 hyper static spans of 15 beams of variable section.
The free light in both bays is 10.00 m and has a width of 41.10 m, although there is a longitudinal joint between two beams, which converts the structure into a double board.
The works consisted in the repair of all the existing damages as well as the reinforcement of the structure with carbon fiber.
The damages that were repaired were:
- Recovery of plasters due to loss and wear
- Elimination of humidity and efflorescence
- Sealing and injection of cracks
- Cleaning and passivation of corroded steel
- Recovery of lost concrete volumes with high strength thixotropic mortars without shrinkage
- Increase in pylon section
- Reinforcement to improve the bearing capacity of the structure, both shear and bending, through the placement of reinforcement with carbon fibre
- Application of an anti-carbonation acrylic paint to improve its protection against attack by corrosive agents