Description of the Project
The work was promoted by the Port Authority of the Barcelona Bridge. It is a structural steel mobile bridge with a 110 m span, the largest span in a bridge of this type in Europe.
It connects the Contradique and Adosado docks, crossing 22 meters above the water surface of the main navigation canal of the Port of Barcelona.
The bridge is the only road connection with the Adosado dock, where the main cruiseship terminals are located. It is a route of maximum importance and supports a high flow of vehicles throughout the year.
The Industrial Area, belonging to the Division of Mobility, Industrial and Cleaning of Imesapi won the STPA 2016 award for their professionalism and good work in this project, reference in the industry of surface preparation and application of coatings.
The works consisted of:
- Assembly and disassembly of scaffolding platform in the lower part of the bridge.
- Cleaning with water at very high pressure (above 800 bar) projected by pump hydroflow equipment not lower than 520 C.V., with spray guns of not less than 25 l / min.
- Cleaning by water jet at very high pressure up to cleaning degree WJ-4.
- Patching with high solid epoxy primer with a thickness of 50 microns.
- Application of epoxy layer with high solids content with a thickness of 125 microns.
- Application of aliphatic polyurethane finish with a thickness of 50 microns.